[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1504: Improve functionality surrounding comment examples in the developer reference

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 30 13:21:20 UTC 2016

#1504: Improve functionality surrounding comment examples in the developer
reference
---------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  netweb         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by keesiemeijer):

 I've been playing around with adding feedback (replying) to notes in the
 single post page itself. I was wondering if the notes would get to
 cluttered or unintuitive if we did it this way instead of adding new
 endpoints.

 This is what I've done so far:
 * Note feedback is added to the note itself but is hidden if Javascript is
 enabled.
 * Use a separate editor for adding feedback with only the `strong`, `em`,
 and `inline code` buttons (and no preview).

 A drawback is that you can't link directly (with a #) to feedback notes
 that are hidden. The following screenshots will give you an idea.

 Feedback for this approach is appreciated :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1504#comment:5>