[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1165: Placeholder is not replaced with the appropriate string for meta plugins translation

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 5 20:05:54 UTC 2015

#1165: Placeholder is not replaced with the appropriate string for meta plugins
translation
----------------------------+------------------------------
  Reporter:  aaleksanyants  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect         |     Status:  new
Resolution:                 |   Keywords:
----------------------------+------------------------------

Comment (by coffee2code):

 It's unclear to me what you're saying is incorrect. What are you expecting
 for the translated string? The placeholder replacements look fine to me.

 %1$s is the number of resolved support threads.
 %2$s is the number of total support threads.
 %3$s is the string "two months".

 They are replaced in the order you specified in your translation.

 If you are noting that the "two months" phrase is not being translated,
 you are correct. I can adjust the string since that phrase is not variable
 any longer, so it'll be `%1$s of %2$s support threads in the last two
 months have been resolved.`

 Would that resolve your issue, or does a different change need to happen?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1165#comment:1>