[wp-hackers] custom Edit Pages screens

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Sun Nov 8 23:53:55 UTC 2009

Thanks Jeremy, the pageMash plugin is fantastic. Definitely a fine
replacement for My Page Order.

However, as you say, it's probably not ideal for me. The whole idea is
to be able to go to a list that only deals with a certain page's
descendents. pageMash makes it a little easier than WP's pagination,
but I assume it'll slow down when there's a lot of pages.

scribu, thanks for the tip - I'm experimenting now. So far the major
issue is that adding post_parent as a query_var returns *only*
immediate children of that page - and none of the other descendents.
Any ideas? I can't see an obvious query_var to set. I imagine the
get_pages() parameters are irrelevent here?

Steve