[wp-hackers] WP internal cache?

Johannes Ruthenberg johannes at bolarus.de
Sun Mar 30 16:07:42 GMT 2008

Hi Tim!

Tim Kissane wrote on 30.03.2008 16:34:
> I must be missing something very basic here.
> WP is installed on my server (linux/apache/mysql/php).
> I'm editing php theme files using vi on linux via ssh.
> I make a change in the file and nothing shows in the
> browser (Firefox2 & 3, Opera9).

Generally, it's easy to get in the wrong directory on the server since
the default and classic theme folders usually are there, too. So you
want to make sure that you are editing the right file. ;-)

The only other thing I can think of is the sidebar. If you are using
widgets, changes to the sidebar.php probably won't show up on the page.
But h1 doesn't look like the sidebar...

Any caching of the whole page, I think, would have to be enabled by you.
Either via a plugin or in the wp-config.php (!?). So these are the
places that you could check if any caching is used. Apart from that...
Any kind of proxy server involved?!

Bye,
Johannes

--

"Life brings hope and pain, but revenge never brings redemption."
[Highlander: Endgame]