[wp-hackers] Got a question for you all

Daniel Torreblanca regulatethis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 21:38:27 GMT 2008

Ah well that makes all the difference doesn't it? :) Callum's option
seems very close to what you want to do and with some work might be
able to accomplish your goal.

Daniel

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Shelly at Foolish Visions
<shelly at foolishvisions.com> wrote:
>  >>Why bother hacking this into Wordpress at all? What is it that your
>  boss wants from Wordpress?<<
>
>  He's already using WordPress as the main part of the site - it's
>  currently being used as a CMS.  He's the one who will be managing all of
>  the input and providing the membership from the site itself.  He'd like
>  to just have it integrated into the current wordpress system he's got
>  running now, so he can manage everything from one spot.
>
>  When he first told me about it, I thought he would be the only one
>  accessing this information 9therefore I thought it could be done by
>  fudging with a few plugins I already new about that would insert the
>  data into the database), but as the discussion went on, I realized that
>  he wanted to basically manage it all, but allow a sort of "social
>  networking" type of thing to go on between newspaper editors and funeral
>  directors (and BuddyPress isn't out yet!) I didn't know if it could be
>  done.
>
>  So I figured I'd ask the guys who know best - which would be you all,
>  just to get your input.  I know WordPress can do a LOT (and I know that,
>  if I were given time, I could even get it to do this myself) but I
>  didn't know if something this complicated could be done with
>  already-exisitng stuff.
>

>  ~Shelly

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"