[wp-hackers] Plugin license question

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Mon Mar 24 11:41:23 GMT 2008

Joost de Valk wrote:
> On another note: these link backs are incredibly annoying, every other
> new plugin author seems to feel that just because he hacked a few
> lines of code together, he deserves a link back to his site... Would
> be good if the wordpress.org rules prevented you from doing that.
I thought cforms had the option to disable "link love" but I've just
checked and I can't see it. Maybe it was another plugin.

Personally, I think linking back to the author's site is ok *if* there's
an option to disable it. On some sites it won't be appropriate, and so
it should be easy to disable.

Why not code up as an option and send it to the plugin author, see if
they'll include it?

Cheers - Callum.