[wp-hackers] WordPress Tests: Automated Hourly Test Runs

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Tue Mar 18 19:12:40 GMT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Jacob Santos wrote:

> I've finally gotten around my hosts server issues and was able to
> get all of the unit tests to run correctly. It is a fun little site
> to see how many tests passed, how many failed, and how many errors
> there were, except not in that order.
>
> Green = Tests that Passed
> Yellow = Errors
> Red = Tests that failed
>
> The tests run hourly, but takes about 30 minutes to complete, so
> look for it every hour and a half. There is one other feature I've
> yet to implement and I have to get the Tests working for WordPress
> Mu, (Which will probably involve manually including the tests
> classes that are known to work, however probably should just skip
> those, so that I don't have to update the system when WordPress Mu
> 1.5 comes out).

Are these different tests than what Alex put together at http://
svn.automattic.com/wordpress-tests ?

After tweaking things I was able to finally get those tests to run.
I put together a simple process that runs an arbitrary commands (in
this case the unit test code) against each revision of wordpress -
trunk.  The results could then be compared across each revision,
making it easy to pin down which revision broke something.

I'm still getting familiar with the unit test code so I haven't put
this out live anywhere.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph at randomnetworks.com