[wp-hackers] Re: Adding custom buttons to TinyMCE v3.x

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Mar 10 23:43:27 GMT 2008

Viper007Bond wrote [in response to my request for a Codex article on
MCE buttons]:
> Alex and Andrew just covered it earlier in this thread. ;)

Right, I saw that. So could one of the three of you, i.e. someone who
has actually worked with MCE buttons and has interest in MCE buttons,
please consider writing it up for the Codex? I could probably do it,
based on the earlier posts, but I don't even use MCE (I've been
writing plain HTML since back in the days when that was the only
option on the web, and it's faster for me than using visual editors).
I would be glad to go back and edit the article for style if that is
the issue.

> You can also check out my plugin which I got working thanks to help from
> them: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/
>
> It's not the cleanest code ever and the plugin itself is a bit complex, but
> I document everything, so you should be able to easily find the TinyMCE
> parts. It supports both TinyMCE 2 and 3.

Wonderful, a great start to the code samples for an article! :)

Really, please could you, Alex, or Andrew write an article?

Cheers,
     Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software