[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Dan Larkin nitephire at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:45:16 GMT 2008

On 3/5/08, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Anirudh Sanjeev <
> anirudh at anirudhsanjeev.org>
> wrote:
>
> Then don't run a wide resolution...
>
> (I'm not trying to be an ass BTW, just saying it comes down to personal
> choice and tastes and out of the box, WordPress is forcing it's upon me.)

To be fair, my personal preference is to run my browser maximized on my
1920x1200 monitor and to NOT have my text be that incredibly long.  If we
switched to a fully fluid layout WP would be forcing full-width on me.  You
can't easily match everyone's preferences.  They way it is right now, WP is
going for general usability rather than niche specifications.  Those who
feel that strongly about having it their way will be willing to add a
plug-in or whatever to fix it.

:: Dan Larkin