[wp-hackers] Re: Streamlining Includes

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Mon Mar 3 08:07:52 GMT 2008

There shouldn't be any broken plugins, since no plugins should be
including anything within wp-includes/ and if they are, then they are
already broken regardless of WordPress version. Now wp-admin includes, did
break some plugins, which depended on the two admin function includes,
which were broken up and moved elsewhere.

If a build system were made which combined all of the files in
wp-includes/ into one, then it would be faster, based off the sources in
Ryan's post.

I would only this be done for releases, but developers might become upset
if they manually update core files. It wouldn't be pretty for any kind of
development.

--
Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - Personal Blog