[wp-hackers] Shared Users Table

Eric Marden wp at xentek.net
Sat Mar 1 21:45:36 GMT 2008

Yes, both the users and usersmeta table are shared. Looking at it,
I'm seeing the various site keys (table prefix) in there with
capabilities and roles.

However, I'm not sure what is stored there. Looks like a serialized
object... am I correct? And if that *is* what it is, then I'm
thinking that I could create something that fires update_usermeta ...
but since I don't know what I should be storing in the capabilities
record - which object to create, populate serialize and store -- I'm
kind of at a loss on how to move forward.

Perhaps I just need to set up an xdebug environment at home (we use
it at work extensively) and just step thru this process and see what
I can gleam from it.

hmmm,

-e