[wp-hackers] Future of wp-hackers

Steve Lewis stevelle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:35:28 GMT 2007

On 9/26/07, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> I would say most serious movement happens in the bug tracker. That's not
> a bad thing, in fact it's great, and it became more pronounced after
> wp-hackers jumped the shark.

If this is representative of the attitudes of the core contributors,
that would be kinda important to share.

> Perhaps the misunderstanding is that you can contribute to WordPress
> development by posting to wp-hackers but not following the WP codebase
> (wp-svn), bugs and enhancements (trac), or any of the major news around
> the project (planet, WordCamp). It may be possible for one-offs, but not
> core functionality.

Best to document this /now/ very loudly so those who are not spending
X hr/day pounding these channels, but who want to keep up with what is
going on can unsub from a channel that has "jumped the shark" and is
just generating noise.

--
SteveL