[wp-hackers] SQL Error on upgrading to 1.3

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:24:27 GMT 2007

Omry Yadan wrote:
> Sounds like a potentially serious bug.
>
> better open a bug report at the trac site.
>
> it's best if you have the of the blog database dump (from before the
> upgrade) ready to be handed to the developer in charge of this to allow
> easy reproduction of the bug.
>
> (it's probably not the best idea to attach this to the ticket, it may
> contain sensitive information).
>

> Swaroop Hegde wrote:
>
>> Same here.
>>
>> Is it fine to continue with the upgraded blog?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Swaroop Hegde
>> www.swaroophegde.com

- From Ryan (on wp-testers):
- ----
Duplicate entry errors when inserting into the term_relationships
table should not cause any harm.  WP 2.2 did not enforce the post_id,
category_id relationship to be unique in the post2cat table.  That has
resulted in some people having multiple rows for the same post_id,
category_id pair in post2cat, as Alexander described.  The upgrade is
incorrectly assuming that the post2cat rows are unique.  This will
result in the db error messages but should not mess up your upgrade.
- ----

I believe this explains what you are seeing.

westi
- --
Peter Westwood
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk