[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 24 14:21:57 GMT 2007

So that is also saying that if a security issue came up (hypothetical - your
database login information was obtainable), we would release 2.3 with it?
I'm sorry but security and privacy go hand in hand.

Since this is apparently going out as-is, my fix for clients that want the
update feature, but not their URL being sent is simple. I will be changing
it to send a different URL (perhaps photomatt.net - I mean since it doesn't
really matter).

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
1.513.252.2919 | Skype:intoxination