[wp-hackers] Black Magic of the_editor() call

Leonid Mamchenkov leonid at mamchenkov.net
Sun Jun 24 15:14:46 GMT 2007

Hi All.

If I comment out the call to the_editor() function in
wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php, then the post body text area
disappears.  That is something I wanted and expected.

But something else happens - all other boxes on the page (categories,
discussion, post password, trackbacks, custom fields, etc) expand.
And now they also miss that +/- thingy which one uses to collapse
them.

Is this a bug or something?  Why is this happenning?  What should I do
bring the collap/expand functionality back?

I looked through the the_editor() function definition in
wp-includes/general-template.php , but couldn't spot the reason for
this behavior.

I've tried this on a fresh install of WordPress 2.2.1 .

TIA.

--
Leonid Mamchenkov
http://wpbits.wordpress.com