[wp-hackers] Hooks for adding permanent inputs for custom feilds

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Jun 17 00:11:29 GMT 2007

On Jun 16, 2007, at 2:19 AM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> That's a pretty sweet plugin, it'd be interesting to have that sort
> of functionality available in core, even without a GUI.

+1

Provide API functions that plugins can use to add custom field GUI.
Text, checkbox, radio buttons, etc.  Ability to specify a filter
callback for data validation.  Ability to specify default data for
required fields.  Automatically take care of a custom nonce form
field to prevent updates on non-wp-admin firing of the save hooks.

I throw together a lot of plugins that hinge on custom fields... but
it's a royal pain to code an interface for each one.  So I usually
don't. :-)

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/