[wp-hackers] siteurl and home should not be in the mysql database

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Jun 16 10:33:46 GMT 2007

On Jun 15, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Paul Menard wrote:

> I agree and question why WP needs to store the full URL instead of
> building it dynamic when needed. Seems  that storing the relative
> URL path and appending the host part would make this easier.

I've wondered about this myself.  Is reading the string out of the
database faster than getting the current domain/path via PHP?  I
can't see any reason for this to be in the database - I'm sure there
was a decision behind it, but I'm curious.

Wouldn't it be easier to set a constant from the index.php file?

Stephen Rider