[wp-design] Dashboard Talk

Joshua Sigar jls_online at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 23:34:54 GMT 2006

Behalf Of
> khaled Abou Alfa
> I would like to have the option to hide certain
elements of
> the admin panel. Now while this sounds like we'll be
using a
> lot of javascript  don't really want to emulate that
google
> info page or netvibes. All I think we should be
considering
> is hiding the wordpress development section. I'll
most
> probably keep it, but many people aren't really all
that
> interested in the WP world (although they really
should be).
> I'm also thinking of chucking that stuff down to the
bottom
> of the page. I'll have a play around. In the
meanwhile what
> do the coder boys think of a button or something
that hides
> sections in a nice way.

I don't know if we want to decide this on our own. The
discussion on what on
Dashboard has been ongoing widely among WP users. Most
complaints that I've
been hearing in forum is that it loads so slow to some
user. Show/hide
functionality won't change that fact (the page will
still load as long as
before). Many users have been screaming for
opt-in/opt-out option. This kind
of discussion really should embrace opinions from
wp-hackers list.