[wp-design] Dashboard Talk

khaled Abou Alfa brokenkode at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:22:12 GMT 2006

Okay guys,

Now that we've kicked the login page (with the exception of the logo and
Mike's tweaks to the shadow drops) we can turn our collective attention to
the dashboard. This is an important one, because it should be a fluid page
effectively. Now I know I sent that previous mockup but as you can imagine
I've had a couple of thoughts since then. I know Mike's got his own thoughts
on what should and should be up for it as I'm sure everyone else does. I
think we should discuss these things now and have a deadline of Thursday to
submit our changes effectively.

I would like to have the option to hide certain elements of the admin panel.
Now while this sounds like we'll be using a lot of javascript  don't really
want to emulate that google info page or netvibes. All I think we should be
considering is hiding the wordpress development section. I'll most probably
keep it, but many people aren't really all that interested in the WP world
(although they really should be). I'm also thinking of chucking that stuff
down to the bottom of the page. I'll have a play around. In the meanwhile
what do the coder boys think of a button or something that hides sections in
a nice way.

Chris has already made a point that we include the option for the program to
flag up when a new version is available to download, so we'll incorporate
this into the mockup as well.

I've already said my mind about the links I think it adds clarity to an
otherwise confusing set of links. Further thoughts?

Any other ideas before I get cracking?