[wp-design] Withdrawing from Active Development on Shuttle

khaled Abou Alfa brokenkode at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:56:20 GMT 2006

What a way to start the morning eh? Only joking Mike. I understand your
frustration, but I've got to add that you're leaving 10m from the finish
line. Sure there's still a lot of work to be done, however the major point
is that the majority of the work isn't up to us (the designing side of the
Shuttle team), it's down to the coders.

There's a reason why the coding body is well represented in this particular
project, hell the WP developers have seen through this as well with us. I
know that both you and Joen can hold your own with regards to coding and
designing (few people do it better than yourselves, Inman being the only one
I can think of at the moment), however I think the whole point of us
segregating the two elements from each other was so that we could worry
about what it looked like and let others deal with how it all worked. Of
course their input throughout the design process was essential so that they
could flag up areas where we basically might have gotten to big for our own
shoes.

>From my point of view, I finished my hardcore active involvement in the
Shuttle design of things the second I sent out all those psds a few months
ago. Sure we might have tweaked areas here and there, however the majority
of the design is done (80% or something I'd say). It's effectively down to
the coders now to take that and make it happen.

The thing is I can't really push for anyone to get a move on, because we
took our merry time in sorting things out didn't we? It's only natural.

Mike I REALLY wish you'd just reconsider because I was going to kick this
one in the ass once I'd sorted out my reboot (should be going live this
evening). Stay on the mailing list and listen in, you've got nothing to
loose. It might even get you hyped up in a short while (seriously don't go,
please).

However if you're adamant I'd just like to say that it's been more than a
pleasure working with you on this, it's been unreal. I'm going to miss your
random links that you uncover from all over the place (I wish I knew where
you found them all), I'm going to miss having you slap me down a peg or two
and I'm going to miss your design-skillz. We'd never have what we have now
if it wasn't for your contribution which I am eternally grateful for. Due to
this project I've gained another friend which to me is worth the world.