[wp-design] Withdrawing from Active Development on Shuttle

Michael Heilemann heilemann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:26:16 GMT 2006

Dudes,

I'm going to have to withdraw from Shuttle.

I've very much enjoyed working on this project with you all. And despite it
having very much been an on-off-on-off series of development bursts, it has
been challenging when it was happening and frustrating when it wasn't.

Ideally I would love to continue on this project, but it seems the bow has
snagged an iceberg and we are stranded in mid-journey. Assessing my various
commitments recently, I decided it would be best not only for the project
and you guys, but also for myself if I gave up the inherent promise of
my active
involvement in this project since I am unable and unmotivated to provide it.

I have been focussing more and more on my work and some non-blogging related
projects recently, and while I would prefer to spend time with all of them,
that is unfortunately out of the question. So better to let you all know
what the dealio is, rather than have you expect something of me which I can
not provide.

What this means, is that while I won't be picking up any reigns and actively
get myself involved, I'll more than gladly be an 'outside consultant',
should you be interested in that at in point in the continued dev process.

It's been a pleasure to work with you all, and I obviously expect us to meet
in various ways outside of Shuttle.

- Mike