[wp-design] Categories / Tags in 1.6

Michael Heilemann heilemann at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 21:39:55 GMT 2005

Scrolling 100+ categories isn't too userfriendly. I'd just like for use to
take a quick jab at offering up some alternate solutions. Personally I think
del.icio.us <http://del.icio.us> has some interesting functionality going on
when tagging links for posting. Also a tag clouds could be interesting if
snazzied up a bit.

On 9/24/05, Matthew Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Michael Heilemann wrote:
> > Seeing as how you can add categories on the fly in 1.6, I think we might
> > need to have a closer look at solutions for 100+ categories on the write
> > page. Some people are bound to use categories as tags, and that's going
> > to cause problems with the current solution, which is geared towards
> > old-school categories.
>
> How so? It scrolls. It's ordered by most commonly used. You can select
> categories just by typing them in and it'll bump them to the top. The
> box needs to be more intuitive, and it needs to support multiple cats by
> separating by commas. What else would you like it to do?
>
> --
> Matt Mullenweg
> http://photomatt.net | http://wordpress.org
> http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com