[wp-design] Shuttle Dash

Michael Heilemann heilemann at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 16:31:53 GMT 2005

Highlighting the dev blogs is a good idea; except most of the stuff on there
is irrelevant to 99% of the people using WP.

I think it would be cooler to aggregate something like Planet WordPress or
something like it. Skim the cream so to speak...

I never installed any Dashboard 'Widgets', so I don't know what's out there,
but I think there's a lot of possibilities for it.

On 9/24/05, Chris Davis <chrisdmitri at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I guess I should do that, since I have already written a Shortstat
> plugin as well... Bah. The Dashboard is a very active place of
> contention.
>
> Had it stayed the way I had designed it way back when (tm) things
> would be better, but Matt wanted to highlight the dev blog news, which
> is honestly a good idea. I just don't fancy it being that prominent.
>
> On other thing we need to think about is using an xml-rpc webservice
> to notify users when there is an update to WP. I am working on one of
> those for K2 right now. It would greatly simplify the process of
> getting users to upgrade when there is a security update.
>
> I mention this so we can think about how to integrate it visually.

Aloha,
Michael Heilemann
http://binarybonsai.com