[wp-design] Version 26

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Tue Sep 13 10:50:31 GMT 2005

Looks pretty good to me too. I have a few comments here and there, but
first some comments on michaels mail.

>1) I'd like one more pixel of height for the secondary tabs.

Me too.

>2) The footer needs to be aligned into 'the look'

Agreed.

>3) What's with the blue border around 'Delete'?

I made that. The reason being: "alert, this is a delete button", plus
the delete button is smaller than save and publish. Either we nuke this
border, or we make it a different color and different background so as
to signify "special area".

>4) Sidebar still needs to be aligned a bit more with 'the look'

Agreed. There's something about the shadows that doesn't workt with the
light source on the tabs and now sidebar also. The shadow signifies a
topleft light source, whilst the light source is in fact, top most.
Plus, the light source currently seems somewhat cel shaded and cartoony
(which I like), while the shadows definitely seem more physical. Take a
look at the collapsed Post Author or Timestamp palettes, they look
great. But how do we put them in the same physical space as the tabs? Do
we give the tabs a white outline and same angle shadows? Or do we nuke
the white outline on the palettes, and conform the shadows?

I'm not sure, but I hope you see my point.

Finally, we should either conform all the shadows, or nuke all the
shadows. By that I also mean the shadows on the Write and Code tabs.

Definitely looking better. Maybe we should soon decide what aspects are
"locked", meaning stuff the programmers can start working in, and what
areas are still being discussed.