[wp-design] It IS version 18 :)

Michael Heilemann heilemann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 05:06:38 GMT 2005

>  Colour Palette - Too dark. I've been flicking between 16 and 18 and one of
> the significant differences is that it feels a lot darker and less inviting
> and airy. This is attributed to several reasons, the lack of the lighter
> blue bar at the top, the grey background rather than white, and the darker
> colours on the sidebar as well (we'll get to the sidebar later on).

I agree about the header (the original header colors are still in
there); it was a test.

Though I will say I personally really like the gray color of the page
(#eee), as it accentuates the input areas.

>  The white curved tab - I personally don't like it, but I recognise that
> it's the best solution unless we come up with something better. However in
> it's current size it's too overpowering. I'm playing around now reducing it
> in height, and it sticks out less, yet continues to do it's job.

I agree, and I would have done the same, except I was in a hurry (did
my mail come out or what?)

>  Help link colours - not so hot. We'll need to sort those out :).

They're just being colored by the 'screen' I think. I would have
changed all text to actual text elements, but I didn't have the time.

>  Loss of buttons - Ok so I take it these were not popular with everyone? I
> still think that these two particular functions should be highlighted in a
> special fashion, having them as links as they are now isn't intuitive enough
> for me.

I personally didn't hate them, but I wasn't getting too good a vibe on
them either :) -- The log out seems to belong to the 'welcome' message
IMO.

>  Form Elements - Joen's already touched up on the form elements, he's VERY
> passionate about that, so I'm backing him up on this one Mike (although I
> will say I like what you've done); Joen it is a very subtle change :).

I'll give in about the form elements, though in terms of this mockup I
don't think it matters how they look (currently they are part custom,
part firefox, part OS X).

What I'll do for my own sake, is release a plugin to fix styling and
title input size once Shuttle is out :P

>  Header - The tabs on their own are sooo boring. I like the faux glass.

I agree, they are a bit too flat now. But I'm also a bit apprehensive
about using glass; it just seems a bit 'done'.

>  Moderation queue comment - not sure it's really essential information to be
> included right at the top. I think it would be nice, but for most users, it
> would generally show 0, except when they get hit by spam... I dunno I could
> be completely wrong here.

Spam seems to be the next major thing. Hell, it's _the_ current issue,
and everyone is dealing with it. Personally I have comments in
moderation every single day that I need to check up on.

>  Final point - erm I'm not so keen on the green colour for the
> message,...could we go back to our light blue?

I didn't touch that :)

>  All in all good work Mike.
>

> On 9/1/05, khaled Abou Alfa <brokenkode at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay I just got it :). Certain parts I like, others we're going to have to
> talk about, especially the header, where the hell did all the style go?????
> :)
> >

> > On 9/1/05, Michael Heilemann < heilemann at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It never made it? I sent it in a mail just before this one!
> > >
> > > F!
> > >
> > > http://binarybonsai.com/files/shuttle18.psd
> > >
> > > I'll resend the details tomorrow. I'm off to bed now.

> > > --
> > > Aloha,
> > > Michael Heilemann
> > > http://binarybonsai.com