[wp-design] It IS version 18 :)

khaled Abou Alfa brokenkode at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:40:52 GMT 2005

Ok here are some initial comments on version 18 :). I'm playing around with
it now, dunno if I'll have things done for tonight, doubt it but anywho:

Colour Palette - Too dark. I've been flicking between 16 and 18 and one of
the significant differences is that it feels a lot darker and less inviting
and airy. This is attributed to several reasons, the lack of the lighter
blue bar at the top, the grey background rather than white, and the darker
colours on the sidebar as well (we'll get to the sidebar later on).

The white curved tab - I personally don't like it, but I recognise that it's
the best solution unless we come up with something better. However in it's
current size it's too overpowering. I'm playing around now reducing it in
height, and it sticks out less, yet continues to do it's job.

Help link colours - not so hot. We'll need to sort those out :).

Sidebar - I love this. I really like the curves and I really like the drop
shadows. The blue hue is too dark, so I'm lightening this up, it does
brighten up the program much more, makes it easier to take things in.

Loss of buttons - Ok so I take it these were not popular with everyone? I
still think that these two particular functions should be highlighted in a
special fashion, having them as links as they are now isn't intuitive enough
for me.

Form Elements - Joen's already touched up on the form elements, he's VERY
passionate about that, so I'm backing him up on this one Mike (although I
will say I like what you've done); Joen it is a very subtle change :).

Header - The tabs on their own are sooo boring. I like the faux glass.

Moderation queue comment - not sure it's really essential information to be
included right at the top. I think it would be nice, but for most users, it
would generally show 0, except when they get hit by spam... I dunno I could
be completely wrong here.

Final point - erm I'm not so keen on the green colour for the
message,...could we go back to our light blue?

All in all good work Mike.