[wp-design] Shuttle Work To-Do list

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:58:08 GMT 2005

Ok,

Talking with both Joen and Michael we're all thinking it's time to pull
up our socks and get this thing finished. It's the final straight guys
so we're nearly there effectively. Thought I'd write down what we still
need to do:

*1. Icons - *
Michael's going to get his icon wiz to sort these out but we've got to
give the man a list and potentially even a few mockups. So here's my
list and everyone can add and omit as they see fit:

External link - This is mainly in the dashboard area, but also in the
plugins and theme areas, where an external link is shown differently. An
'out' icon would do the trick, however I really think it should be
different to the pixel icon that's used on blogs in general.
Warning - In all areas of the admin panel
Confirmed - Again in all areas of the admin panel
Visit Site - Right at the top of the page on every page,
Log out - Again right at the top of every page
Support Forums - This is just a little thing, not terribly important but
might be nice to have.

*2. Dashboard -*
Comments and thoughts about what is missing, and what needs to be
relocated. I would like to have a very faint icon/image something in the
background at the top of each page to give a visual identification as to
where the user is in. That's probably something you guys won't be too
keen on, but it just adds to the fun aspect of the program IMHO. The
only area we might have a little bit of difficulty integrating into that
would be the write function as that's pretty lock and load. This would
make the last column for WordPress exclusively while the first two are
for the user. Apart from that however I'm pretty happy with what's there.

*3. Themes -*
The new system has a thumbnail, which is very cool. I've got an ideas as
to what we do to make it look pretty good, just need to implement that
and send it through

*4. Plugins -*
Thinking about this I think we can stick to the current arrangement and
just give it a coat of paint. It works fine, unless people thing that
having a simple list of the name of the actual plugin and then a button
to open and collapse the title is a better way to go about things. I'm
thinking something along the lines of www.netvibes.com

*5. Manage -*
I've got a couple of ideas for this, but it's easier to do the mock up
than try and explain, but this could be dealt with in a better fashion.
*
6. Links - *
Well this is in the same category as the plugins section. There's not
much you can do with this section really, other than give it a lick of
paint. Anyone got any alternative ideas?

Okay those are the thoughts so far, and I think we should put a self
imposed deadline on this guys, otherwise we'll drag this on, and
although this has been a fantastic experience I'd really like to try and
get this project completed after a fashion so that we can move on to
bigger and badder things, and the dev team can take our mock ups and do
their magic. So I propose that we say that the above works, and all
tweaks etc are to be completed and handed to Matt and co, by the *Week
4th of December*. That gives us a grand total of 4 weeks. That should be
more than enough I think.

So what does everyone think then?

Khaled