[wp-design] I think this is it

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:38:52 GMT 2005

I guess this is where we disagree. I'm not sure if I sent the email out or
not,..damn just checked, got it as a draft, but basically had a quick msger
chat with Matt discussing a few things, and a lot became apparent. This is
what I wrote:

Right after a small conversation with Matt yesterday, I'm a lot more clear
as to what we should be aiming for. The phrase that stuck with me, and made
it clear down which road we should be heading with this is the following:

'WordPress should be the Mercedes of Blogging software.'

That effectively says it all to me. I know why Matt's been a bit adverse to
some of these, and why he's more keen on the actual simpler text versions
presented so far. The trick then is to provide something the bridges both
something as memorable as he hearts with something that fits in with what
we're doing. Believe it or not I've got a couple of ideas, so I'll get onto
them and see where we go from there.

The mockup is currently going through some tweaks as well, based on some of
the conversation.

So with that idea in mind, I think the new design is a step in the right
direction, although there does need some more work on it, but I guess this
is where we all put our money where our mouths are, right Joen :).

We don't want to do a dc comics and rebrand with something that isn't
clearly better. I think the current iteration could be a good foundation to
work off.