[wp-design] After our mini break...

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 21:34:48 GMT 2005

Ok so I've been tinkering some more with the mockup we've got already.
Now a few questions I'd like to bring forward that I think could use
with a bit of healthy discussion.

    * *Preview the Post.* One of the things that came from our
      'research' was that a few people want to actually see what the
      post will look like once it's live. Not sure how feasible this all
      is, and this option has been missing from all the sketches we've
      done so far. I've added a tab now, and I was wondering what
      everyone thought about this.

    I use the preview feature, to skim through what I've written. Having
    said that now that we're going to have the increase decrease text
    area that could be seen as superfluous. What's everyone's view on
    this and this is aimed at the coders would it be something easy to
    show what it will look like in the admin page? Is there a reason for
    not doing this?

    * *Header.* We've talked about this briefly. I guess this is where
      the WP branding ideally will go. The question is do we want to
      have a background of sorts or are we going for background colour?
      Personally I think we should spice it up a bit. Reason is
      everything else so far looks very functional, and this is where we
      can do something that distinguishes.

    Joen, Michael what do you guys think about the buttons at the top?
    I've been playing around with what we can have instead, and well I'm
    struggling a bit. They seem functional etc. In terms of what I'd do
    is probably give them the absolute slightest curve at the top
    corners and at the bottom corners. Give the edges a bit of a darker
    colour, just to make the pop out slightly more.Maybe even a tiny bit
    of white? I'm playing around right now, but just was wondering what
    your thoughts on this are.

    * *Save Settings.* As I was looking at the current layout I realised
      that well there are loads of tabs etc that open and close, which
      is fine, and cool, except what if I want to keep certain ones open
      etc, can we have a save settings button/link that hides stores the
      info?

Okay that should get the ball rolling again. Hope everyone is well..