[wp-design] V9 design, a simpler approach

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:48:22 GMT 2005

I've been waiting for this for a while now :). Been holding off anything
until I saw what tom foolery you were up to :). I've got a couple of
comments.

1. Icons - First off I think you're right about the whole WordPress icons.
However I think we might be able to do a bit more with the plus/ minus
signs. I like the stylised exclamation marks. Hmm lets see if we can
continue that through. The icons etc could be the circular elements to a
rather angular design in general.

2. Lime Green - I agree with the ideology here. Green for go, Red for stop.
Not so sure about the choice of green here, as I kind of like the dark blue
gradient at the top (previous version), so the colours would have to be
coordinated, (even though I do like the baby blue colour chosen before, I
understand why go for green).

3. Borders - Hmm again I see your point here, and even though I like the
stylised simplicity of nothing, I can't argue with your logic, however we
could potentially try and go for something a bit funkier maybe? I'll have a
play around as well now that you've sparked the ideas :).

4. Tabs - See they just really don't work for me. I know both Michael and
you feel strongly about the tabs, but I think I've got a way for the actual
single bar to work and for us to distinguish what's active etc. I still
haven't come up with a good way to highlight the secondary items, but I'm
sure we can come up with something.

5. Info right at the top - We've been down that road before, and Chris
pointed out that when Blog titles are large that makes things look less than
ok if you put the login/logout right next to them. Also it would be good to
distinguish those buttons as well…

Right feeding the fire, I've just completed this deadline I had looming over
me so I can devote some more time on this, so your timing is impeccable Joen
:).