[wp-design] Version 9.1

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:29:14 GMT 2005

> > though I think the collapsable headlines background really rubs me the
> > wrong way. They feel like they haven't received the same attention the
> > menu has seen.
>
> Have to second this. It's not as much the colors as it is the "plus /
> minus" parts. They should be more instantly recognizable from whatever
> OS people are running -- remember the "application metaphor"? I've added
> some new expand/collapse icons to my upcoming mockup for the same
> reason. Take Firefox for instance, they've made some nice icons for
> that, we can too.

Sweet I can't wait to see what you've come up with. I've been concentrating
on the main menu but I was sure that our attention would go back to those
things at one point or another.

> I'm with Joen though, I think tabs are a better solution. They are
> > just more instantly understandable, whereas it takes me just a little
> > longer to realize where I am when I look at the current menu.
>
> I actually tried rearranging the mockup I'm working on now, to have a
> sidebar (as seen on that mac-like version), and a simple line as in the
> current ones. While I didn't end up with the glassy tabs again, I did
> end up with tabs. It's just so instantly decodable, nothing new to
> learn. Matt, I would love to hear your thoughts on tabs (not
> specifically with regards to the design, but with regards to having them).

This is where I'm going to have to be convinced to be honest. I've actually
took Michael's comments into account for my next mockup. It's subtle changes
that make it more I think. I'll hopefully send that out later on today.

This is really shaping out nicely. Kudos to Matt and Khaled for making
> things happen.

No thank you :).