[wp-design] Minor Tweak

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:21:57 GMT 2005

Okay this is all really good, this is what I was hoping for to be
honest. I've been throwing things trying to see what will stick. The
reason is I can really feel how between us we've really worked this
design around. Here's a short recap of where we've been in terms of the
header and the tabs:

Lot's of variations. I can see your ideology behind the fact that there
is several types of buttons to click. I'm still not convinced 100% of
the dark blue on the bottom, although I think it works better than just
having them was shown in the
above examples (i.e grey text and blue link). I agree there has to be a
better way, and maybe the macromedia way might be a sensible method, and
maybe the tabbed way could be further explored.

One thing that you've got to say about the tabbed system however is that
visually it's uninspiring. Something about the single line gives it a
bit more of a polish. I've tried to make the tabs work (see the curved
version) but aesthetically speaking here it really
doesn't fly for me.

With regards to the buttons, yes again you've got a point, but those
particular functions are specific and we've chosen to highlight them in
a different way (we didn't put them in the main navigation for example)
and that gives them an elevated status. Maybe they should be more
connected with the WP brand, however like I said before throwing things
to see what sticks. Those buttons might not be the way forward, but it's
a jumping on point.

With respect to the body, I'm still not 100% on the stylings of it all.
Michael mentioned this before and it's basically feels a little less
polished than the rest of the design.

And here I was ready to tackle another area of the design, thanks a lot
Joen :). Now we're back to arguing again :). Chris, Joshua, Ryan, Matt,
give us feedback here boyos.

Joen, good points, thanks for that, I'll have a look into the various
options, just to see where we can go from there :).