[wp-design] WYSIWYG anyone?

Joen Asmussen joen at noscope.com
Mon Feb 21 17:09:51 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:

> I'm all for WYSIWYG if it's limited (no changing fonts, etc), produces
> valid code, and the HTML is editable.

Weee!

The way I see it, it could work this way:

* We have tabs (or something) for "Compose" and "Edit HTML" just like
Blogger does.

* Bold, Italic, Hyperlink, Insert Image, Various Text-aligns, Hx, UL and
OL. Possibly even spell checker if possible. No Java of course.

* "Insert Image" is something I'd like to discuss further at some point,
because IMHO it should in some way be married to "Upload". One way could
be to have an "Upload file" link somewhere on the write page, that
opened in a popup window (I think a popup could be appropriate here).
Another could be to have an almost "wizard" like step by step image
uploading widget, that would even generate HTML code for you. Perfect
for the WYSIWYG editor.

Of couse not all this would be necessary, but I honestly think that even
the simplest WYSIWYG (Hx headers, bold, italic) would be awesome. That
is, of course, if the programmers are willing to / can do this.

--

Joen Asmussen

CPH, DENMARK
ICQ: 2462161, AIM: workjoen