[theme-reviewers] Google fonts - proper way to integrate in a theme

Tammie Lister karmatosed at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 22:35:28 UTC 2014

Whilst I'm not advocating we do it right now, it's food for thought.

Personally, I don't think it's far reaching. Not when we want to encourage
best practices and that is one. It a little depends on context, which a
guideline would outline.

Perhaps we're a little early, perhaps it's just a good thing we are having
this discussion as it puts out there the fact that import is not the right
path. I personally, would say never but I know that there are with anything
a range of opinions on that.

Outside of WPTRT it's always my recommendation you avoid imports in
php/html files. The exception to that rule I'd suggest would be Sass or
other pre-processing inclusions. Again, my own opinion.

Regards
Tammie Lister