[theme-reviewers] Theme Names

Emil Uzelac emil at uzelac.me
Sat May 10 22:55:13 UTC 2014

Dear Reviewers,

(*while we hate to Police the names*)

Before we do an actual Theme review, can you please check the names first
and if the name is not appropriate, don't approve, or even continue with
the ticket at all.

We have been approving names similar to:

   - My Business
   - Your Business
   - Our Business
   - Flat Bootstrap
   - Real Bootstrap
   - Better Bootstrap
   - Good News
   - All News
   - Real-Estate News

That's not good and also makes admins job difficult when we need to reopen
the ticket and close as not-approved because of the Theme name.

So if we already have a Theme called *Example*, *WP Example* won't be
appropriate, therefore should not be approved either.

Names must not be related to another Theme and no SEO injected keywords
either.

This is a full-stop and instant not-approval, no questions asked.

Why? Two reasons.

1) Our guideline says:

   - Themes are required to use appropriate Theme Names.
   - Themes are not to use related Theme names (e.g. WP Twenty Fourteen,
   Twenty Fourteen WP, The Twenty Fourteen, etc.) in their name.

2) When Theme name changes it goes into different priority and won't be
associated with first submission in anyway. It becomes a totally different
beast.

This is to avoid confusion, not only for users, but also for authors as
well.

Once we mark the ticket live there's nothing more we can do about, so if
you can, let's try to avoid that please!

Thanks,
Emil