[theme-reviewers] Back to Basics

Emil Uzelac emil at uzelac.me
Wed Mar 19 20:38:46 UTC 2014

Dear Reviewers,

If is not too much to ask, can we please go back to basics and revisit
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review

Here is what I am noticing from the folks that are not newbies:

   - Invalid DOCTYPE declaration
   - Hardcoding META description and keywords in header.php
   - Including scripts/styles in header.php and footer.php
   - Including CDN's such as jQuery, Amazon etc., is inappropriate and not
   accepted. To make things easier, we only allow fonts.googleapis.com,
   nothing else.
   - License. This is big around here guys. Everything must be
   GPL-Compatible. Lately we approve commercial fonts, commercial images and
   that is no good.
   - Bad or multi-credit links in footer area.

As always, if you are not sure about something, you can always ask away,
there is no shame in that. If we pay extra attention no Theme will be
reopened, at least not as often as we do :)

Each time we reopen the ticket there will be explanation why and how to
improve, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Also, the incentives program is not a game where reviewers compete.

This message was not intended to make anyone look bad. Admin job is to go
over all approved Themes before they are marked live :)

Thanks for your help,
Emil