[theme-reviewers] Best Practice Question: style.css

Ulrich Pogson grapplerulrich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:38:35 UTC 2014

@bruce I was the one who implemented that in Responsive. We have had to
date no issue with it.

"One loads the "real" style first" We do not load the
`wp-content/themes/responsive/style.css` as it is not needed. We only load
the version in a subfolder.

If you want to disable the parent css you can easily do it in a child theme
functions.php with wp_dequeue_style
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_dequeue_style>

https://gist.github.com/grappler/ed14f5972d335b4e2dfa