[theme-reviewers] set_post_thumbnail_size

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Wed Jul 16 16:04:55 UTC 2014

Yes, you should be using `set_post_thumbnail_size()` for setting your
theme's thumbnail size. If you have additional image sizes you want to add,
then use `add_image_size()`.

Basically, think of it as a standardized way of adding custom thumbnails.
 Since it's standard, there are cool things that plugins can do with
it.  For example, I could have a plugin that sets the default gallery thumb
size to `post-thumbnail` (when set by the theme) so that galleries will
match the theme design better.

So, the advantage is using the standard, which opens the door to doing
awesome stuff (like the plugin example).