[theme-reviewers] Question: Someone Want to Take Benefit From a'Top Reviewer of the Month'.

Trent Lapinski trent at cyberchimps.com
Wed Jan 29 21:49:37 UTC 2014

A redesign of WordPress.org/themes is actually pointless because no one actually visits WordPress.org/themes.

If I recall correctly the last time I asked Otto about this in person, it is actually one of the least visited pages on WordPress.org.

Almost all theme traffic is driven from within WP-Admin > Appearance > Themes > Featured Themes.

The importance of being featured is being displayed in WP-Admin to get your theme in front of hundreds of thousands if not millions of WordPress users who don’t even know WordPress.org as a website even exists.

A redesign of .org/themes will not accomplish anything unfortunately.

As long as Featured themes is in core it will be the best and only way to get a theme in front of most WordPress users.

--Trent Lapinski
CEO of CyberChimps Inc.
http://CyberChimps.com
Twitter @trentlapinski