[theme-reviewers] Plugins within Themes

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 03:41:50 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:

> Drag-and-drop featured image is clearly site (admin) functionality ...

Although this may be true; and, it really does not affect the "visual"
aspect of the theme in the sense there already exists a core functionality
that can be used, but since there is no lock-in effect (one of the primary
reasons code is pushed into "plugin territory") I see no problem with this
as a theme "feature". If @Ulrich had not brought forward / recognized the
existing plugin's code I would not have looked twice at allowing it through
based on it enhancing the core functionality.

Edward Caissie
aka Cais.