[theme-reviewers] How to Implement CSS Dependant on User Input?

Rohit Tripathi rohitink at live.com
Sun Sep 15 06:14:54 UTC 2013

Okay. Great. Thanks. :)

Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:37:35 +0530
From: tskk79 at gmail.com
To: theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org
Subject: Re: [theme-reviewers] How to Implement CSS Dependant on User Input?

You are allowed to output css code. Create a function and hook it to wp_head.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Rohit Tripathi <rohitink at live.com> wrote:

Most themes implement a functionality, where users are allowed to select link colors, and other features, etc for their themes. But, WordPress requires all stylesheets to be enqueued, and I assume we can not pass .php files in the wp_enqueue_style(); function.

So, What is the Suitable way to implement this?
One way would be to create multiple stylesheets, and load the one user has selected. But, what if I want to implement a feature, where user can provide the hex value for the link color. What to do then? I can not write <?php get_option('link_color') ?> in the .css files. I will be forced to hardcode it somewhere in the theme.

theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org