[theme-reviewers] Theme Update Review

Bruce Wampler weavertheme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:21:45 UTC 2013

It turns out the reviewer did not have his notifications set properly, and
didn't even know he had been assigned the theme.

And I was not talking about standard theme reviews - but reviews for
Priority 1 themes. As I noted, these often contain important bug fixes
(although that should probably be pointed out when the theme is submitted),
and I didn't think Priority 1 themes were supposed to get the same
treatment as the rest of the themes in the queue. That is why Priority 1
was created.

And at one point, I thought only experienced reviewers were supposed to
handle Priority 1 themes - there was a big push not that long ago to try to
get Priority 1 themes pushed through. But it seems now that with all the
incentives, the new themes are getting pushed through faster than existing
themes that are simply updating.

I think this need fixing. I understand everyone is a volunteer, but all the
previous efforts for the Priority 1 themes seems to be broken now:

1. Apparently new reviewers are now getting assigned Priority 1 themes. In
at least my case, this led to a several days delay because the new reviewer
was not yet totally familiar with the process.

2. But Priority 1 reviews are now the slowest to get reviews. New themes
seem to be flowing smoothly through the process faster than existing themes.

3. Maybe there needs to be a mechanism for indicating critical bug updates.
It happens, and what is now about a two week turnaround for a theme update
seems too long - especially given new themes are getting through faster.

I appreciate everyone's effort - and I'm perfectly happy to wait my turn.
It just seems that things are broken for Priority 1 themes.