[theme-reviewers] Can my ThemeShop contain Paid Themes, which are not 100% GPL?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Nov 17 20:07:06 UTC 2013

I should not try to respond to detail-specific questions on football day.
Either I misread the question, or mis-articulated the answer.

Commercial Theme shops that wish to be associated with WPORG, including
hosting Themes in the Theme directory, need to distribute 100% GPL Themes:

   - Distribute 100% GPL themes, including artwork and CSS.

http://wordpress.org/themes/commercial/

See also:
"Themes from sites that support non-GPL (or compatible) themes or violate
the WordPress community guidelines themes will not be approved."
http://wordpress.org/themes/about/

That's our current stance/interpretation of WPORG policy.