[theme-reviewers] General opinions

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Sun May 19 09:49:16 UTC 2013

That's a good point about what it is, that this list is for exactly? While
it'll primarily be about theme reviews always, naturally, this list has
also long since transcended just theme review discussion on the parts of
everyone involved, including reviewers, theme authors, admins and even WP
employees who have all extended conversation to other parts of WP, which I
think is fine because it simply comes with the territory.

You're very right, it is very difficult to read tone in text, especially
from culture to culture. Not to mention different perspectives, connotation
of words, meanings of sayings/phrases that can occur even within the same
culture. I think this is a natural challenge of any community, especially a
global one.

WordPress being a natively English speaking company, we can all only do our
best to try and communicate within that premise. In other communities I
help out in I actually encourage users to write in their first language and
then I use http://translate.google.com/ to translate and that sometimes has
a better outcome as far as understanding one another. Not recommending we
do that here of course.

Onko Suomen ensimmäinen kieli?