[theme-reviewers] General opinions

Sami Keijonen sami.keijonen at foxnet.fi
Sun May 19 09:29:38 UTC 2013

Here are couple of general opinions to the people of the list.

- Try to remember that there are many non-english users on the list like
me. I don't understand all the written words and I have to look up many
things so it's sometimes hard to understand what people are saying. So try
to be brief and get right to the point. On the other hand it's nice to
learn new expressions.

- There is a lot of discussion that doesn't directly concern about theme
reviewing. Could there be other list like community at lists.wordpress.org for
this kind of very important discussions?

- Many times discussion is about who's agreeing or disagreeing on some
subject. In the end somebody have to make a decision anyway and most cases
it's the admins of reviewers. For bigger issues voting is the best option.
Also community needs strong leadership. And we have that in theme reviewers.

- People on the list might be all over the world. We don't all have same
kind of protocol how to write good email or how we're taught to behave
online or offline. Try to understand if somebody makes mistakes and correct
him/her politely.

- Be polite. This is gonna be hard online because even if you sincerely was
trying to be polite but I think it was a little bit rude, there is nothing
you can do about it because you can't see other persons body language how
he said it. We all know how hard it's joke online with strangers.

- I don't feel like this list represent the best of WordPress community. In
most times we just raise issues that is related to us and our theme. But
that's okay. That's how I see this list anyway. It's about themes and theme
reviews.

- Oh bugger, I don't have a punch line in the end. But we can certainly do
better themes, improve our communication skills and be clear about the
guidelines.

- Oh, that was lame ending. I was expecting Mickey Rourke to die in the end.

--
Sami Keijonen
Fox Holding Oy
sami.keijonen at foxnet.fi