[theme-reviewers] Tinymce button that only adds css codes.. still plugin territory?

Dane Morgan dane at danemorganmedia.com
Sun Mar 3 19:28:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-03 13:07, Ünsal Korkmaz wrote:
> "can be anything" = Plugin territory.
> I cant say purpose of <a> tag mate.. come on.. am i in a dream? are u
> asking me purpose of <a> tag?
> what can i say?
>
>   * user can link to his company website
>   * user can link to his product
>   * user can link to a kitty picture
>   * etc..
>
> Seriously i didnt understand question in there i think
That's the point. If you can't say exactly what that button will do *in
your theme*, then it will be something that will disappear when your
theme is removed, but the user might still want that button to work.

The button should be defined by a plugin so that when the user switches
to another theme the button still works as they expected instead of them
having a bunch of links that used to be buttons and they think WordPress
is broken.