[theme-reviewers] Theme Vs Plugin Territory

rabin shrestha sun_ravi90 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 18:43:27 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am a bit of confused on theme vs plugin territory. Recently my theme was rejected because of the use of CPT in my theme the reason was that it's plugin territory. I know that CPT is better suited to plugin but I didn't know that it was a required case. I have seen themes on WordPress repository that have registered multiple CPT and being approved. I am not saying that some X theme was approved, why not Y theme is approved for same case. My question is,It is strictly prohibited to use CPT inside theme. Is it a required case or is it a recommended case. If using CPT is completely prohibited then I think writing it down on Theme review guidelines will clear out the confusion. Though Prensentation Vs Functionality might cover this but those words are some what vague.