[theme-reviewers] Theme preview not showing default sidebar

Syahir Hakim khairulsyahir at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 05:51:58 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can take a look about the the preview for my
theme ( http://wordpress.org/themes/graphene ). The default sidebar does
not appear, with just an empty space on the right where the sidebar is
supposed to be.

I'm thinking that this is caused by the carryover settings from previous
versions of the theme. Previously (in the early days), the theme saves
its default settings to the database. This has since been rectified and
is no longer the case. In absence of the settings from the database, the
theme just reverts to its default settings.

We also had to change some of the values for the settings, replacing
dashes (-) with underscores (_). It could be that the theme's settings
that are saved in the database is corrupted somehow or still have the
dashes in them.

I was wondering if someone can (an admin perhaps?) perform a settings
reset on the theme on the preview site? This can be done by going to WP
Admin > Appearance > Graphene Options. On the right hand side, there's a
box called "Options Presets". Expand the box, select "Reset to default
settings", and then click "Apply Options Preset". This will simply
delete the theme's options from the database using delete_option(). Most
likely the theme needs to be activated for the options page to appear
though.

Or if someone has access to the preview site's database, you can also
simply delete the "graphene_settings" entry from the "wp_options" table.

Let me know if anyone can take a look at this? Otherwise, if this is not
the place to be asking such queries, please point to the right place or
person to contact.

Thanks!

--
Regards,