[theme-reviewers] Question about the_excerpt

Jasper Kips jasper at planetkips.nl
Thu Jun 6 20:09:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a question about playing around with the excerpt. I am giving the option that, if a more tag is not in the post, ti then use a Wordpress generated excerpt.

I chose not to show images in the post on the index like pages, index, archive and the like. This however, messes up the display of those pages, when there are post with few words, but with an image and a post thumbnail.

I am writing a filter to get that right, however it means bypassing the core function the_excerpt, and using my own function. Mainly because the core function strips out all html, and I need to display the excerpt text in a different div from the 'Read More' link

The idea is that my filter will be called by the the_content filter.

Is it acceptable to bypass the core function this way?

Sincerely,

Jasper Kips