[theme-reviewers] Theme author is asking end user to install less php

Josh Pollock jpollock412 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 00:52:18 UTC 2013

I'd make the case that if it were included it could enable theme and plugin
developers to return option and theme mod values to SASS or LESS
stylesheets. Among other cool things, I'm imagining in the customizer,
instead of having a ton of color options, just setting a few options like
primary, secondary, accent, etc. and then in my SASS/LESS file doing
something like this:

$colors = get_theme_mod('theme_options');
$primary = $colors['primary'];
$secondary = $colors['secondary'];
$accent = $colors['accent'];

I actually could do something similar to this with wpless, but not
integrated with the customizer. That said, I don't want to make my theme
dependent on a plugin that I can't be sure of long-term development and
support for. Also, I'd rather use SASS instead of LESS.

How's that argument? Not that I can back it with here's my patch...